Southern Maryland Archers (SMA) Club
Archers to the Shooting Line.
About Southern Maryland Archers (SMA) Club
The objective of this organization is to foster the art and technical sport of archery as a non-profit corporation.
1. To promote all forms of archery including, but not limited to, amateur sport competitions.
2. To provide instruction on safe handling and uses of archer equipment.
3. To provide the archer with a safe and natural environment to enhance their skills.
4. To promote bow hunting for legal games.
1. The Art of Archery is defined as the experience and application of mental focus towards
self- improvement and accuracy with an archery bow and a target.
2. The Technical Sport of Archery is defined as refining the form of shot execution and knowledge of archery equipment for target and field competitions.
Code of Conduct
“As an affiliated member of Southern Maryland Archers Club, I agree to practice the common sense of safety and abide by all club safety rules set forth by the SMA Officers and supporting staff. I agree and understand that an archery bow is considered a weapon and I agree to take great care and caution- to not dry-fire my bow and to appropriately shoot my arrows at safe locations. I commit to conducting professional behavior and sportsmanship in a way that positively reflects the SMA Club Corporation, SMA officers, and the archery community.”
SMA Club is Affiliated with the Following Three (3) Archery Organizations
Maryland Archery Association (MAA)
The MAA provides the basic organization for Maryland archery clubs whereas clubs come together through their Directors to set the rules and guidelines for State competitions and an organized statewide schedule of shoots.
The mission of USA Archery is to provide the necessary resources to foster strong athlete participation, competition, and training in the sport of archery. Membership in USA Archery is open to everyone involved in all disciplines of archery including target, field, and 3-D. USA Archery sanctions more than 200 events annually and conducts indoor, outdoor and collegiate National Championships as well as the United States Archery Team Qualifier Series. USA Archery also provides youth and adult archery programs and clubs throughout the United States and certifies archery instructors, coaches, and judges.
National Field Archery Association (NFAA)
The National Field Archery Association is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the sport of archery and is the largest field archery organization in the World. Founded in 1939, the NFAA now consists of 49 chartered state associations and nearly 1,000 affiliated clubs.
Hours of Operation
COVID-19 UPDATE (As of July 2021): SMA Club has been cleared to reopen, per the lifting of both the Executive Order by Governor Hogan and the Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
SMA Club will continue with some COVID-19 guidelines to keep our members, families, and community safe!
The main building, the indoor range, and the restroom will have limited use.
Follow Social Distancing Guidelines of 6-feet distancing
GOVERNOR'S ORDER (JUNE 2021)
In alignment with this CDC guidance, face coverings will still be required on public transportation, in schools, and childcare and health care settings.
The Maryland Department of Health has issued a public health advisory strongly recommending that all non-vaccinated individuals over the age of 2 years continue to wear face coverings in all indoor settings and in outdoor settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Private businesses and workplaces can implement policies requiring face coverings to be worn on their premises.
The business has the sole responsibility to uphold those policies. Local jurisdictions can also use their own emergency powers under existing authority to require face coverings.
MARYLAND DNR LANDS REQUIREMENTS
Maryland DNR Lands are open, but in accordance with federal guidelines and state directives pertaining to COVID-19, we would like to share important information about how to keep yourself safe while using your state recreation facilities.
• If you are currently sick, please stay home. If you were recently sick, please follow the Centers for Disease & Prevention (CDC) guidelines on when to stop home isolation.
State parks taking precautions Maryland state parks are enacting enhanced measures to mitigate the risk of contact with the COVID-19 virus. This includes enhanced cleaning protocols at our state park public facilities, restrooms, ranger stations, nature centers, and other public buildings.
• Additionally, we are canceling all events and gatherings of groups larger than 10 people and restricting access by the public to certain park buildings and facilities. We will continue to adjust operations as events warrant.
• Park patrons are encouraged to check the individual website page of their favorite park for updates.
• Classes and meetings canceled, online alternatives available.
• The Maryland Natural Resources Police are suspending in-person safety classes, referring all who are required to attend to take online classes instead. Hunter education students are encouraged to take the online course, which combined with a field day workshop will satisfy the hunter education requirement. Upon completion of the course, students will receive a voucher, that is good for one year, to take a field day workshop to satisfy the hunter education requirement.
Boater education students are encouraged to take the online course, which is offered through three private vendors: Boat Ed, Boater Exam, or Boat US Foundation. Successful completion of any one of these courses will satisfy Maryland’s boating safety education requirement.
• All in-person council meetings, workgroups, advisory boards, or other official public gatherings are also suspended indefinitely.
Monday - Sunday
SCHEDULE YOUR SMA CLUB TOURS
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link below.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a
password on SignUp.com.